Bridget Houston, Canadian Certified Counsellor
Bridget draws from a variety of counselling approaches. We are all unique and deserve the approach that will align most with who we are and our counselling goals. She is a lifelong learner and is always staying up to date with the most effective approaches to healing and growing. Some approaches that she uses include Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness-Based approaches, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Compassion-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Bridget is also completing training in EMDR.
Bridget has provided support to individuals with a wide range of experiences. She has a
particular interest and specialization in supporting individuals who would like to:
- Heal from traumatic experiences (e.g., sexual violence, traumatic childhood experiences,
- Develop fulfilling relationships (e.g., work through relationship conflict and challenges)
- Heal their relationship with food, movement, and their body (e.g., restrictive eating, binge eating, poor body image, exercise addiction)
- Develop strategies to address and heal from experiences that contribute to depression and anxiety
- Develop skills to support balance (e.g., addressing perfectionism, identifying and
meeting our needs, alignment with values, people-pleasing, effective goal setting)
Bridget honours, respects, and welcomes all parts of who you are. She believes it is a privilege to hear someone’s story and be part of their healing journey. Her personal values guide her to practice a person-centred, intercultural, anti-oppressive, intersectional, and trauma-informed approach.
Bridget enjoys swimming, being outdoors, connecting with people, hiking with her dog, painting, laughing, reading, and cross-country skiing.It takes a lot of courage to start a healing and growth journey. Since Bridget is new to Neufeld Psychology, she is currently offering a free 30-minute discussion/consultation prior to initiating sessions. Bridget can meet either in person at her office in downtown Whitehorse, by video call, or by phone call.